Lecturer: Pedro Ribeiro, M.Sc.
Course material: HSRW - Moodle - Section
Students have gained an overview of the ten knowledge areas of software engineering as defined by the ACM/IEEE Computer Society Software Engineering Body of Knowledge (IEEE 2013) and have been introduced to selected methods. Students are able to decide which software engineering methods should be applied in different situations. Students are able to evaluate the appropriateness of specific methods in the context of specific organizational setting and software product requirements. Besides they have discussed and understood the direct and indirect responsibility and effects that comes with the leap of faith provided by society to engineers, computer scientists and technical development
Some content to get a taste
- Ethical aspects of software engineering, software engineering as a professional disciplineand the influence on society.
- Software processes: OMG SPEM, Eclipse Process Framework Composer
- Agile software development: TDD, Scrum
- Requirements engineering
- System modeling, architectural design: UML, Enterprise Architect
- Design Patterns
- Configuration Management, build, continous integrationsoftware factories
- Software testing